How to Laser Cut a Custom Watch Face From Real Maple Wood Vaneer
Instructions, and SVG file.
I wanted to make a wooden version of my Open Watch. I joined my local makerspace the Curious Forge. That way I could use the laser cutter to print out my watch face. Freshums was kind enough to help me out with the project. Later I went home and installed our first prototype into a watch. photo above.
1. Join your local makerspace.
2. Purchase or cut wood veneer. I purchased this: http://amzn.to/2BFGzTP
3. Get certified on the laser cutter.
4. Copy the SVG below onto a USB drive.
5. Set up laser cutter with your veneer.
6. Import SVG into LaserCAD, and Print.
80W CO2 Laser Cutter Settings:
Cut (Red) = Power Speed
Cut after Engrave (Black):
Cut = Power Speed; Engrave = Power Speed;
Thank you Freshums and the Curious Forge!
Right click SVG below and choose “Save image as…”